Chicken Milanese is merely a breaded chicken breast that’s pan fried, you can make this with pork too which really ends up being more like a pork schnitzel. Dare we say it’s a giant chicken nugget!! So given how popular this kind of dish is then let’s add a little more to it. Let’s try it with Coppa and parmesan cheese.
Chicken Milanese Magic
Whether you grew up eating chicken nuggets or prefer a breaded chicken with a few French fries that’s all personal preference, no one is judging and you can craft this to your own liking. The parmesan cheese and Coppa elevate this to not just the next level but a serious go to meal.
Named after the town it was invented, good old Milan in Lombardy, Italy.
Chicken Milanese With CoppaCourse: MainCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Medium
- Slice the chicken breasts into two through the middle in order to butterfly them, go a little further and cut so you have two thin pieces. Now place each piece between foil or cling film and with a rolling pin lightly bash them in order to make nice and thin, you’re aiming for about 4-5mm depth.
- Place a couple of pieces of your chosen coppa on top.
- Mix the parmesan cheese into the golden breadcrumbs.
- Dip the chicken breasts and coppa into the flour, then then egg and finally the breadcrumbs. It’s best to repeat the egg and breadcrumbs process twice to get a really good coating on there.
- Do the same for the other pieces and then place on a plate in the fridge for at least an house.
- When you’re ready to cook, place about 5mm of oil in the bottom of a frying pan and cook each piece until golden brown and crispy on the outstide.
- Serve with a side salad and eat immediately.