This chicken and chorizo traybake is the ultimate in either entertaining without the fuss or a quick and easy family meal in the middle of the week. With a couple of easy to prepare ingredients, such as a couple of onions and potatoes, it’s simply a case of putting the chicken and chorizo in a roasting dish, mixing it all up then unwinding whilst it takes care of itself.
This sort of recipe is not just feel good food, it’s feel good factor for actually doing the cooking despite it feeling like there was no real effort at all. When cooking at home is this easy and this tasty it’s all that matters.
Chicken and Chorizo, Red Wine Too?
Using great quality Chorizo such as the one we make will really bring your dish to its full potential. If you want to cook it a little faster you can add a glass of red wine and crank up the heat to 220°C – You’ll likely want to cover it with foil for the first half the cooking though, if you do give the dinner the wine there’s less wine to drink whilst it cooks… Counter-intuitive if you ask me!
Chicken and Chorizo TraybakeCuisine: SpanishDifficulty: Easy
80g Chorizo, Chopped Into Smaller Pieces
4 Chicken Thighs (Skin and Bone Left On)
4 Chicken Legs (Skin Left On)
1 Tbsp Fresh Thyme
2 Sprigs Fresh Rosemary
4 Large Potatoes Cut into Chunky Wedges
4 Cloves Garlic, Left Whole
2 Red Onions
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Black Pepper
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1/2 Lemon, Juiced
- Pre-heat the oven to 190°C
- Add the potatoes, herbs, garlic and seasoning to a large roasting tray with the olive oil. Mix to coat the potatoes well.
- Place all of the remaining ingredients into the same tray and toss around so that everything is covered in the herbs and seasoning.
- Bake in the oven for 45-60 minutes. If you have a temperature probe cook the chicken until the thickest part of the thigh reaches 70°C.
- Drizzle with the lemon juice and then serve in the middle of the table for everyone to help themselves to.